May 20, 2007
Tour of Kensington Valley
Yesterday I raced in the first 2 stages of the Tour of Kensington Valley. I was happy with how I did in the time trial, ending up 15th after the time trial with a time of 6:40.75 minutes for 2.7 miles. The criteruim stage was also fun, but I didn't do as well as I'd wanted. I ended up getting lapped, but was happy for hanging on for 1.5 laps at the pace the Cat 5 riders started at. Our first lap averaged probably 24-26 mph! After the first 4 laps, their pace dropped off a bit. My goal by the end of the season is to no longer get lapped during a race!
May 10, 2007
May 06, 2007
So...Where Have I been?
I know I promised a few updates back in January once I had free time, but unfortunately I've not had free time until very recently. I thought I'd throw out an update so everyone who does still read this can see what I've been up to.
0. I've been working out all winter with a goal of Racing my bike this year. So far I've done one race, and did badly in it. I blame the fact that it was about 45 out!
1. I decided to start working on my Master's in Embedded Systems at Oakland University. As soon as I get my one class from Rose-Hulman transfered in, I will be half done with it!
2. My Subaru Broke down back in December. I blew a head gasket in it. I decided to get a new car and ended up with new Pepper White with Black Top Mini Cooper. That car is so fun to drive!
3. Instead of scrapping the Subaru, I decided to do work on it with a friend of mine. We pulled the engine, replaced several parts, including both gaskets, and then put it back in the car. Amazingly it still works, not too bad for two guys who had never done something like that before! Plus I now own a torque wrench. Now I just need to replace a bit of the exhaust system and she should be good for a good long while.
4. I did a really cool project for my last grad class. I need to render a smaller version of the video, but I want to post that soon. The course was an FPGA and microcontrollers course and our project was to design a robotic system with custom hardware on the FPGA. We decided to actually build two robots, a predator and prey. Once the video is uploaded you can all see exactly how successful we were.
5. And finally perhaps the biggest reason I stopped writing was because of an amazing girl I've recently fallen madly in love with. Instead of writing blog posts, I've been spending time writing and talking with her. Everyone say hello to Adrian when she shows up around these parts.